If you were able to register for the 71-680 exam, just like me, you probably want to prepare yourself for this newest client exam. Because this is the exam in the line of the Windows XP and Windows Vista exams it will probably will not be that difficult.
Previous Client Exams
You probably already passed the 70-270 (Windows XP) or 70-620 (Windwos Vista).
So the 70-680 is just the same, with that difference that it’s about Windows 7 🙂 Just to refresh your memory : What did you need to know to pass the XP and Vista Client exams?
- 70-270 : Installing, Configuring and Administering Windows XP Professional
- 70-620 : Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista Client
**Windows 7 Client Exam
** So, enough about the old exams! What do you need to know to pass the Windows 7 exam (I’m not responsible if you fail the exam because you only studied the info below!).
Start with the exam information: 70-680 – TS : Windows 7, Configuring
Install the bits and use it on a daily base, so you get familiar with it quickly!
Visit the Windows 7 Beta Forums @ Microsoft and collect knowledge 🙂
Visit and collect info from Windows 7 TechNet pages
Check out the first-look courses and hands-on labs
Course 6289A: First Look: Windows 7 Beta for IT Professionals
Course 6290A: First Look: Windows 7 Beta for IT Professionals Hands-on-Lab
- Check out the Guided training through Microsoft Learning Plans
- What’s New in Windows 7
- Migrating from Windows Vista to Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Better Together
- Check out the Windows 7 Learning Snacks Let’s hope you all pass the Windows 7 exam!
**What can I do with the exam?
** When you pass Exam 70-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):
- MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration
Exam 70-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7
I’ll be preparing for the exam the next view weeks If you attended the exam, please let me know what you think of it…